Monday, February 5, 2007

Now What Happens?

Well I have the heel flaps done. This is where knitting socks on 2 circular needles gets interesting because you can not work on both of them at the same time for a while. I will have to turn the heel on the first sock leaving the second sock just hanging there. Then I will turn the heel on the second sock and then I can go on to pick up the stitches along the heel flaps for the gusset. I will take progress photos after I turn the first heel so you can see what I mean.


Here is a bit of a closer view. The flap is kind of rolling back on itself but it gives you a good idea of how they should look at this point.


Here is what they look like from the other side. I have not been working on all the stitches just the ones for the heel flaps. The rest of the stitches are left alone until later when I pick up the gusset stitches. Again, I will post photos so that you can see the progress.







1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

This is very interesting as this is a technique that I want to learn this year (knitting socks on circulars).